Did You Know
Divorce Resources - Maleski Eisenhut & Zielinski, LLC, Flemington NJ

Child Support - New Jersey courts often order child support even after a child turns 18. In fact, courts have awarded college costs and even the cost of graduate school.

Answers to Common Questions

Q: Who gets the House in a Divorce?

Who retains the marital home as part of the divorce depends on each spouses' financial positions, which includes a consideration of any child support and alimony/spousal support, the division of any other assets of the marriage, the children's enrollment at school and a number of other facts under the Equitable Distribution statute.  The answer to this question depends on the particular circumstances of your case and you should consult with an attorney on this issue.

back to list